Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Thing 16: Bitmoji Fun

This was a lesson that I looked at a few times before deciding to complete it. I have seen a few friends using bitmojis on Facebook and other interfaces but I did not really know what they were so I decided what a better way to learn then to complete this lesson. I enjoyed looking at the different articles that discuss how to incorporate bitmojis in to your classroom. I think these will be a great addition to my library lessons.

I really enjoyed this lesson and found it to be very fun over the holiday break. I was able to wish friends and family Merry Christmas and Happy New Years with my bitmoji. It was a lot of fun. I used my bitmoji on Facebook and via text messaging. My mom found it rather interesting as she is not fully in the world of technology. She does own a smart phone and is slowly learning to do more things on it but mainly she texts and calls from her phone. So it was a lot of fun for me to send her a bitmoji of myself to update her on how my days were going over the holiday.

I am looking forward to incorporating these into my library. I only work with kindergarten and first grade on a regular basis this year so I am hoping that they will find it fun as well.

Our school just got a huge after school program grant where I will be running a makerspace playground for grades 3-6 two days a week and grades 7-9 two days a week. I will also be using my bitmojis to introduce topics and fun with the makerspaces.

Here are few of my favorite bitmojis.

I am very much a morning person and this is just perfect for me. It is especially perfect since I love the cold, crisp winter we are getting.
This was how I was feeling when my professional certification for PreK-12 Library Media Science was approved. I am now fully certified in two subject areas.

I love the cold weather we are getting up in Northern, NY. -14 this morning so I love the bundled up bitmoji.

4 comments:

  1. What fun you had with Bitmoji. I felt the same way, didn't really get what they were, but they looked like fun. This lesson was my excuse to play. I can't actually see your bitmojis. :( The image links go back to your email system. I think the only way to get them into a blogger post is to save them to your desktop and upload them. Here's my test with directions: http://pafa.blogspot.com/2018/01/bitmoji-test.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replaced the bitmoji using my google chrome extension. Hopefully you can see them now :-)

      Delete
    2. Love them! Were you able to just drag and drop them from the chrome extension? We are such opposites! I'm a night owl and love summer. Winter.... not so much! :)

      Delete
    3. With the Chrome extension it allows you to copy and paste.

      Delete